Home Visit Program
The Division of Geriatrics offers a Home Visit Program for frail and elderly Manhattan residents who are homebound. Since 1997, our skilled multilingual healthcare specialists have been offering primary and consultative medical care at the homes of seniors, allowing them to age in place.
Making House Calls
We provide home visits for older adults living in private residences, senior supported housing, assisted living facilities and independent housing in various neighborhoods on Manhattan’s West Side, including the West Village, Chelsea, Clinton, the Upper West Side, Harlem and Morningside Heights.
A Broad Range of Services
Our healthcare services include:
- Primary care and continuity of care at home
- Treatment of acute and chronic medical problems
- Medication management
- Vaccinations and flu shots
- Aid in acquisition of needed medical supplies
- In-home laboratory testing
- In-home diagnostic radiology
- Rehabilitation referrals
- Referrals for in-home specialty care
- Skilled home care referrals and coordination
- Palliative care
- Geriatric hospitalist services at Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai West
A Skilled Multicultural Geriatrics Team
Our multilingual geriatrics group is comprised of experienced, caring professionals, including internists, geriatricians, nurse practitioners and social workers. Our team speaks English, Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Taishanese and Tagalog. We work closely with family members, caregivers and other providers, coordinating care and services for seniors.
Scheduling a Visit
Regular home visits are prearranged with the doctor or nurse practitioner. To schedule a home visit or learn more about the program, please call 212-523-2273 or 212-523-5934 (between 9 am and 4 pm).
Our home visit team participates in most major health insurance plans.